Thursday 5 March 2009

It's Good to be Spontaneous

Today when wandering the charity shops to find last minute items for Terry Pratchett's Mort (the student theatre company I'm part of's latest production) I picked up a random CD for £2, which looked quite interesting. Since I'm open to new experiences I figured, hey, why not, especially since the money goes to charity and if it was pants then I'd just pop it back in , no harm done.

Ice Cream by Salad (Island Records, 1997) is rather good though. I'm glad I randomly decided to get it. Unfortunately, none of their work is on Youtube, so you shall just have to track it down by yourselves. The wiki article should give you some background info though.

Also, lead singer Marijne van der Vlugt is in the band Cowboy Racer (also fabulous) whose song Yellow Horse featured in Grey's Anatomy.

Oh and I found Sarah McLaughlin's Icecream whilst looking on Youtube and it's great:



And just becuase nothing is complete without this (may be NSFW, contains sweary words):



Peace out...

No comments: